Thursday, September 20, 2012

feeling sheepish

face
sheep
coat
sweater: madewell
bow blouse: vintage
pants: old navy rockstar jeggings
boots: thrifted
denim jacket: thrifted


If I'm gonna keep taking photos here I should probably find a new place for that bag of cat food... whoops.

I got this sweater through shopbop, thanks to a gift certificate I won on Rebecca's blog. I really like Madewell's clothing but can never bring myself to spend the money on it. I even had a hard time dropping FREE MONEY on this sweater, to be honest. I'm cutting out fast fashion as much as possible (more on that on another date, possibly) but I still find it hard to wrap my mind around the concept of spending extra money for good quality. Especially when I find boots like this at a thrift store. Ankle boot, low stacked heel, neat buckle detail, almost Rachel Comey-esque... for under ten dollars.

8 comments:

  1. That sweater is such a good purchase though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog! i like how you make thrifted garments look chic.

    i added you to the links page on my blog, so hopefully more people will get to enjoy your blog!

    keep up the awesome work!

    - Anna

    http://www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see you found something you liked - that sweater is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! cutest sweater! I was pining over it in their catalogue (which comes to my door, uninvited, and I never patronise..) ha I'm the same way- I was in a thrift store the other day and it felt almost physically painful to pay 9 dollars for one thing, even there. the sheeps look SO cute though, i might have to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Boop, motzaball must be whispering in your ear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GIVE ME YOUR SWEATAAAAAAHHHHH (thats to be said in a british, let's say..."chav" accent)

    I can agree with spending some mean dough on clothes, even if I have the money I kinda to like to watch it sit their and accumlate interest than to buy something I might wear once and then be like "i wore that already" some things I wear time and time again is stuff I bought for pennies....sometimes the more expensive clothes can become "too nice" to wear!

    but all that aside...WEAR THIS SWEATER OFTEN, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you seem so interesting~ I love your style~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...