Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the back deck

full
plaid shirt: thrifted | corduroy skirt: thrifted | cardigan: joe fresh
tights: joe fresh | boots: thrifted | pin: thrifted | belt: thrifted


I'm currently neighbourless and using this opportunity to take some photos on the deck I share with the apartment across the hall. Usually when I have neighbours the deck is full of garbage and I don't really like to be there at all. In fact it's still got all sorts of artifacts left over from the previous tenants, like that table made of cinder blocks and... bones? If you look closely you'll see I'm standing in front of BONES. Why would you ever put bones on a deck in the first place??

Towards the end of last winter I found myself getting really tired of plain black opaque tights and I'm still feeling that fatigue this fall. I still don't love pants enough to wear them all the time, and most coloured tights are too bright for me, so I think muted/muddled colours like these are the solution. I found these burgundy (not oxblood*) pair and a brown pair at Joe Fresh, and I think I might go back for a mossy green I saw.

* This whole oxblood thing is getting OUT OF HAND and I'm refusing to call any colour oxblood when maroon or burgundy or a simple RED will suffice. I don't know why this even bothers me so much!!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Hahaha, I think the "oxblood" obsession is hilarious. Where did it come from?! All of a sudden--everywhere! One blogger I read recently claimed oxblood has always been one of her favorite colors and I just thought "well, it was only invented about a month ago..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know that "oxblood" is the official colour of the red doc martens but i've never seen it used elsewhere until this year! i wonder what made people decide to start using it, because dark red has been a popular colour for fall since the dawn of time.

      Delete
  2. i'm envious of your perfect plaid shirt. i've been hoping to find something as amazing as that, and you have won! so perfectly fall. and neighbors are usually strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the whole oxblood thing. I mean, fine, call it whatever you want, but don't act like it's a newly discovered color or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I hadn't even heard of this 'oxblood' thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHH I so agree. On the oxblood that is. I called it pomegranate once in a post to avoid the icky sound of oxblood, but it really is just maroon or burgundy in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...