Monday, November 19, 2012

ghost pale

full
top: gap | skirt: thrifted | shoes: thrifted | belt: thrifted

I got incredibly lazy last week and didn't blog once. I'm blaming it on a combination of daylight savings time and mercury retrograde. The darkness keeps me from taking photos after work, and it's starting to get too cold for outdoor photos anyway. Honestly, I'm going to miss it! I was so nervous to take photos outside in semi-public at first, and I did it about 2 or 3 times before I was happy enough with the results to actually post them. As time went on I stopped caring so much if someone saw me and started to actually have fun. I learned a lot about my camera and lighting this summer and definitely wouldn't have made that progress if I didn't have this blog as an excuse to take photos all the time.

This outfit is so standard for me but I took photos of it at lunchtime today anyway to get back in the habit. I've worn this skirt so many times on this blog, usually with different black and white tops, and many many more times off the blog. It's probably safe to call it a favourite. I was ready to pack it away for the winter because I thought it looked kinda matronly and weird with tights, but oddly enough adding my witchiest pair of shoes seemed to help.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely have favourite pieces in my wardrobe that are in pretty constant rotation. I really like the skirt - it looks lovely with that top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so simple and elegant. Well done! I really like those micro pleats at the skirt waist.

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love skirts this length. I totally feel you on the difficulties taking photos in account of light and weather. Bllleeeehhhh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...